WSQ Higher Certificate in Floristry Operations
The Higher Certificate in Floristry comprises modules of intermediate difficulty, designed to develop and refine foundational floristry skills. Florists will be able to handle more difficult, complex arrangements, and be equipped to commission larger projects for future opportunities.
Candidates will learn how to construct wire-based designs, arrange large floral stands for store openings, as well as gain deeper insights in conceptualisation and principles of design, among other skills.
Sequence of Content
1. Identify Flowers and Their Uses in Commercial Floristry
2. Perform Advanced Wiring Techniques
3. Demonstrate the Application of the Elements and Principles of Design
4. Prepare and Arrange Fresh Flower Bouquets
5. Prepare Fresh Flower Arrangements Using a Base Medium
6. Prepare and Arrange Potted Plants
7. Prepare and Arrange Celebration and Opening Floral Stands
8. Prepare and Arrange Silk, Dried and Simulated Flower Arrangements
9. Monitor the Quality of Fresh Flowers and Plant Material
10. Comply with Workplace Safety and Health Policies and Procedures
At the end of the programme:
Participants will possess the knowledge and application skills to identify flowers and plant materials. The unit includes identification of flowers, foliage, plant material and potted plants; and application of seasonal availability, lifespan, desired features and characteristics for floral design.
1. Describe plant structures and relate their functions to plant health and flower longevity
2. Manage environmental factors to maintain the quality of flowers and foliage
3. Identify flower and plant material forms, shapes and growth characteristics
4. Identify a broad selection of flowers and plant materials
5. Select quality flowers and plant material according to the desired characteristics as required in commercial floristry work
IDENTIFY FLOWERS AND THEIR USES IN COMMERICAL FLORISTRY
Funding Validity Period
Till 31 May 2022
Mode of Training
Course Unit Listing & Fees
All unit fees displayed are in full, before SSG grants.
For candidates registering for single units, do note that an additional $20 registration fee is applicable per unit.