WSQ Certificate in
The WSQ Certificate in Floristry comprises modules of basic difficulty, designed to provide floristry training for beginners. This course caters to candidates with little to no experience in the field of floristry, and aims to equip learners with the necessary skills and knowledge to begin their careers in the floral industry.
Candidates will be taught a wide range of skills, such as bow-tying, the management and storage of flowers and plants, arrangement of basic bouquets and table centrepieces, as well as foundational knowledge in flower types, visual design and tool handling.
Sequence of Content
1. Recognise and Select Flowers and Plant Materials For Use in Commercial Floristry
2. Care and Store Fresh Flowers and Plant Material
3. Recognise the Elements and Principles of Design as Applied to Floral Artistry
4. Use and Maintain Tools, Equipment, Floral Hardware and Work Areas
5. Dress Floral Product With Bows, Wrappings and Other Decorative Accessories
6. Perform Basic Wiring Techniques
7. Assemble Fresh Flower Bouquets
8. Assemble Fresh Flowers Using Floral Foam
9. Pack and Dress Hampers
10. Comply with Workplace Safety and Health Policies and Procedures*
*From Sep 2022, the module Comply with Workplace Safety and Health Policies and Procedures is no longer available at our school. Learners who wish to secure the full qualification certificate will be required to complete the module at other available training providers.
At the end of the programme:
Participants will possess the knowledge and application skills to recognise and select flowers and plant material for use in commercial floristry work. The unit covers the basic principles that aid and support the skill to correctly select quality fresh flower and plant material stock which includes basic plant knowledge, the functions of the main plant structures and desired features and characteristics.
1. State the functions of the main parts of a plant
2. Recognise the role of environmental factors when maintaining the quality of flowers and foliage
3. Recognise common plant growth habits or shapes to aid identification
4. Recognise a selection of the commonly used flowers and plant materials by the botanical and common and/or market name
5. Select quality flowers and plant material according to the desired characteristics as required in commercial floristry work
RECOGNISE AND SELECT FLOWERS AND PLANT MATERIALS FOR USE IN COMMERICAL FLORISTRY
Funding Validity Period
Till 31 Dec 2022
Mode of Training
(Classroom + e-Learning)
Course Unit Listing & Fees
All unit fees displayed are in full, before SSG/WTS grants.
For candidates registering for single units, do note that an additional $20 registration fee is applicable per unit.